I started this blog in 2015 as we were planning our wedding, purchasing our first home, and adjusting to my new career. Oh how things have changed sense then.
We have sense sold our first home and moved to the family farm. We now have a 2 year old daughter who I have the pleasure of staying home with every day. My husband now works for UPS and farms. We no longer count on my income to support us. Thanks to my husband and Dave Ramsey.
Through all the ups and downs of life my husband and I let our personal relationships with God suffer. Honestly I don’t know if we have ever put God first in our marriage until now.
We have both known that it is important to put God first in our marriage. We had been told this several times through out attending church. But no one taught us how to put God first in our marriage until now.
My husband and I learned fairly quickly with Covid which churches were choosing faith over fear, and Gods authority over government authority. Through this experience God led us to a new church.
Our new Pastor Dee Duke teaches some incredible, kingdom seeking, life changing courses. My husband and I have had the pleasure of going back through the audio of the classes we missed in 2020-2021 and beyond.
Through his Ladies Leadership course 2020-2021 and his marriage course from 2012 we learned to implement the following disciplines into our lives daily. A commitment prayer, marriage vows, 15min. Of bible reading, 15 min. Of personal prayer, and scripture memorization. Along with these 5 disciplines Dee emphasizes the importance of making goals.
Dee encourages every member of the congregation to make a list of goals for the year. He personally strives to make the same number of goals as his age for that year. Dee encourages us to make goals that fuel our physical, emotional, and spiritual tanks. He also encourages one off the wall goal.
Dee asked the class, how do you know Gods will for you? Dee’s response was the desires of your heart are what Gods will is for you. He then emphasized this is why I encourage you to write these desires in goal format.
As well as the goals for the year he encourages us to make a daily to do list. He suggests making a to do list that is 80% accomplishable and 20% extra to strive for in your day.
Implementing these disciplines feels overwhelming at first. But it doesn’t take long before your striving and starving for the kingdom. Below are my personal goals from June 2021-2022. I’m still a few short of 31 goals for the year. It’s a work in progress.
These Goals Are The Expression of My Heart
“God communicates his Will for you by the desires of your heart” Dee Duke
“Get close to God and do what you want” Dee Duke
Psalm 37:4-5 NIV
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
“People don’t like setting goals because they define success. They rather just muck through life” Dee Duke
- I will memorize 52 verses
- I will exercise 30 min 5 days per week
- I will prep 1 yrs worth of food
- I will add 12 recipes to my cookbook
- I will take a shooting class
- I will read one bible story to Aubrey 5 days a week
- I will teach Aubrey to clean up after her self in the evening
- I will meal plan 4 dinners and lunches per week
- I will go to bed with a clean kitchen nightly
- I will dust, sweep, mop, vacuum once weekly
- I will wash bedding once weekly
- I will go to the beach 3 times this summer
- I will weigh 130lbs
- I will lead 1 person to salvation
- I will heal from infertility
- I will pray a commitment prayer every morning
- I will tithe faithfully (monthly)
- My outrageous goal- I will save 100,000 dollars towards my desire to own land
- I will make a recipe book of bargain meals
- I will read 10 books
- I will read the entire bible
- I will incorporate fly lady cleaning routine into our home
- I will incorporate Aubrey’s home schooling into our daily routine
- I will write a blog post every day